Wednesday, June 20, 2012

At the Pool

John has a UPPAC trial this week, so we are staying at the Red Lion in Salt Lake City.  We have stayed here many times before, but haven't been swimming.  We took advantage of that this time.  They have an outdoor pool, so it's either been too cold to be open, or we get to the hotel too late at night.  The boys were soooooo excited! Last night we took them down to the pool. They immediately picked out their lounge chairs.
Lindey was trying to figure out what this big bathtub was.  She wouldn't even look at me long enough to get a picture!


The boys got right in the water.  This is the first time they have worn the life jackets.  It took them a bit to figure out how to keep their heads out of the water and stay afloat. 

I knew I was going to take the kids swimming again the next morning while John was at UPPAC, so I knew watching them I couldn't do it by myself without teaching them a few survival skills.  I taught them to float on their backs and call for me if they got in trouble.  I also taught them to kick their feet so they could move around without just floundering in the water.  Well, at least I tried.  I don't know if any of it got through the excitement of swimming.

Hanging out with Dad in the hot tub.

I got all the kids dressed in their swim attire after lunch today.  We made our way down the elevator and all the way through the hotel to the pool, and there was a sign on the door that said the Pool and Spa were closed.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  I asked at the front desk how long it would be closed, and they said all day for maintenance. Grrr!!  Now I get to stay in the Hotel room all day with three energetic children, no car to leave, and nothing to do with our time.  The TV can only entertain for so long....awesome.  Guess we'll just have to get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...