Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Haircuts

Morgan has been wanting to grow her bangs out and cut her hair off since the beginning of second grade.  I told her she couldn't until the school year was over and was planning on getting her an appointment at the beginning of the summer.  With all that happened, Morgan's haircut didn't. :)  We finally got around to having it done the 2nd of August.  We took before and after pictures with our nice camera, but something happened to the card when we went to unload it and we lost a month and a half of pictures.  So, I was glad I had my other camera in the diaperbag and my friend Kristen was there to take pictures for me.  Here is a pretty good before of how long Morgan's hair was.
Here is how short she went.  Just to her shoulders.  Now her bangs can grow out to match.  (Now that her hair is cut they're halfway there!)
I started to lose my hair either from the estrogen I am now on, the trauma that happened, or low Vitamin D levels that were found.  It was rather disturbing to see so much hair coming out, so I decided that if my hair was a lot shorter that maybe it wouldn't be so unsettling to me and wouldn't look like so much. (ha ha, it wasn't.)  This is as close to a before picture of me as I have.  My hair was to the middle of my back, maybe a little longer. I think I cut off 8-10 inches and Morgan's was about the same.  Kristen kept saying she couldn't believe I actually did it. It's just hair, it'll grow back. :)
We were laughing that as Whitney was cutting our hair, there was so much of it on the floor that she was slip-sliding around!  Kristen had to take a picture of all the hair on the floor.  Hard to believe it was only from two of us! :)
I got mine cut into an A-line and I really like it.  I'll probally keep it this way until my little twiggers that are growing back are caught up to the rest of it.  Then, I'll go from there.
Here is my after!  I haven't had my hair this short since I can't remember when! lol  It's been at least 5 years.
Glad we finally got Morgan's haircut done.  She's been wanting to do that for a while.  Sorry you had to wait so long, sweetheart, but you sure look cute!  Thanks for letting me tag along!

2 comments:

  1. What cute hair cuts! I like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - both of you. Must be good genes! Seriously though, you are both beautiful inside and out. Always have been. :-)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...