Wednesday, April 30, 2014

First Grade Christmas Party

I was in charge of Micah's Class Christmas Party.  I saw an idea on Pinterest and adapted it to fit the Christmas theme.  I made this cute Santa Poster and hooked the balloons to it for his beard.  The kids had to pop the balloons and do the activity inside.  It was a huge hit! :)
Some of the activities were: Work as a class to put together a Grinch floor puzzle.

This one totally cracked me up.  I wasn't sure how it would go over.  The activity was to color a picture of a Gingerbread man.  The entire class cheered! Lol Not the reaction I was expecting.

We had a surprise visit from one of Santa's helpers.  He read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to the class and gave each of them a candy cane.

Lindey wasn't going anywhere near him to get in the picture.  Eli and Micah were good sports though.

The First Grade Class at Book Cliff Elementary (and Eli).



Another favorite activity was to decorate a sugar cookie.

The class had to put on their Red Reindeer Noses (vaseline on the nose with cardstock circles stuck to it) and sing "Rudolph". In another balloon they had to sing "Jingle Bells" and I had bells for them to shake while we sang. Since they had just done their program a couple of nights before, one of the balloons had them sing their song from the program--"All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth".



We had so much fun! I loved watching the hesitation of the kids as they popped the balloons. :)  I will have to keep this activity in mind for another party.  It was great!
December 19th, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...