Sunday, February 27, 2011

Zander's 6th Birthday

The card reader has been found (thanks Ian!), but then when I went to blog, I found that I was out of storage space so I couldn't upload pictures. Grrrr!!  Could anything else go wrong?? But, all that has been taken care of so now blogging can resume! Yea!! :)

Zander's 6th birthday was last Tuesday, so now that it's been a week and a half, I'm finally getting around to posting pictures about it.  John had Master's Classes that night, so we didn't plan much of a celebration. (We were planning on celebrating Wed. instead.)  I still made him his birthday dinner--Hot dogs and quesadillas--so easy to please! While I was making dinner, John's parents showed up with Zander's gift.  They were going to be out of town on Wednesday, so they came on his birthday.  They gave him 2 shirts (a Phinneas and Ferb shirt, and a Spiderman), Mario vs. Donkey Kong game for the DS, and $7.00 in one dollar bills.

 This was Zander's face when he found the money.   Love it! :)  Grandma sure knows the way to this kid's heart. (He was our one that on Christmas morning was upset that Santa didn't bring him what he asked for--$180.00 Lol)
 Surprisingly, Zander was still awake when John got home from his Master's classes. (After 9:00pm)  Usually he is out cold by 8 or 8:30pm no matter what time he gets up in the morning.  He did not want to wait until the next day to open his presents, so I told him that if he was still awake when Dad got home that we would open his gifts.  It was a good thing that he was--Grandma and Grandpa Millett called to wish him a happy birthday on their way home from picking Uncle Garrett up from the airport. (He came home from his mission that day! Yea!)  Zander got an extra special treat of Uncle Garrett singing to him in Spanish.  He thought that was awesome!
 We gave Zander a "Boom Ball"  It has a rattle-type something in the middle of it that when you throw and catch it makes all sorts of noise.  Plus it is a lot smaller than Ian's football, so Zander can catch it better.  It was a hit!
 Zander also got a lego car, and some Toy Story 3 Stunt Sets.  He is a hard child to buy for.  He never knows what he wants, or will come up with something that there is no way it is going to happen (See comment above about $180.00!)
 Zander wanted a Nintendo DS cake this year.  I wasn't sure how I was going to pull that one off, but in the end, I think I did a pretty good job! (Thanks to stealing images off of a google search for the screens.)  Zander was happy with it, and that's all that really matters!
 We did birthday cake and ice cream on Wednesday after dinner.  It was a little different to not have presents to open, or an actual birthday dinner, (I was going to make him something else on Wed. for his birthday dinner, but he informed me that we already did that yesterday) but was fun anyway. It drew out the celebration a little bit which I think Zander needs.  Being the middle child I think he feels neglected at times, so I knew the extra attention wouldn't hurt anything. :) He's a cute little stinker, isn't he?
Happy Birthday little buddy!  We love you so much!  We hope you had a great 6th birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Zander!! We love you, Love Uncle Justin, Aunt Nichole, Zaralyn, and Brylee.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...