Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Pioneer Day!

We had a very eventful Pioneer Day! I went to my last Bountiful Baskets training in Moab this morning. I took a few friends along who are excited about it, wanted to see a little more of what it's about, and wanted a basket for themselves. It was nice to have the company! We also picked up two other baskets for some friends in town. We left at 8am and were home by noon, all baskets delivered. :) We got some great produce this time. A sack of Yukon Gold potatoes, tomatoes, corn on the cob, cucumbers, brociflower, and Romaine lettuce for vegetables, and for fruits we got a watermelon, red grapes, pineapple, some very green bananas, peaches, and pluots. Do you know what a pluot is?? I didn't! LOL The lady in charge in Moab went online and found out that it's 70% plum mixed with 30% apricot. They are pretty tasty! I also ordered a case of blueberries that I am going to freeze so I can use them in muffins, pancakes, smoothies, etc. I'm pretty excited! (Now I just need to find some time to do it!)
After I got my basket all put away in the fridge, I changed my clothes and went to help my poor husband who was cleaning motel rooms all by himself. (We're helping out some friends for the weekend, and since John's parents used to own the motel, we kind of know the ropes.) He was finished with everything but a couple of loads of laundry by the time I arrived. :( Sorry I didn't get home in time to help! That's a lot of work! Grandma Hughes had the boys and felt sorry for John and Morgan (who was helping to stock the rooms with cups and soaps)and called in reinforcements. John's neice came to help make beds. It always goes a lot faster when you can divvy up the jobs! Thanks Michaela for filling my shoes for a morning! :)
John's parents took us to lunch at the Chow Hound. We had a good time eating and visiting. John's parents took the kids back to their house for a few more minutes so we could go finish the laundry at the motel. When we picked up our kids (and Grandma's house) we headed home for a few hours. I worked on the Ward Newsletter (I am the Chairperson over that committee) and the Sunday program (which comes with that position) so they would be closer to being copy-ready. I made some Chex mix for dessert, and we were off again to a friend's house for dinner. The Pettit family had us over for a very tasty dinner of kabobs. They made chicken, pork, steak, sausage, onion, mushroom, and pepper kabobs. They were so good! We were stuffed! We visited and before we knew it, it was time to head out to John's brother's in-laws (I know, I know--very hick in the sticks) for fireworks.
The Pettits came with us, so it was fun. John's brother and all their friends always buy a ton of fireworks, put them all in a huge pile, and we get to watch them light them off. It was about as good a show as the city put on for the fourth! LOL We left after about an hour and a half (before the fireworks were finished) and came home to put the kids to bed.
I still had to finish getting the program complete so I could run to the church and copy. I could have waited until this morning, but with 5 kids to get ready by myself every week, we're doing good to make it to sacrament meeting before the opening hymn is started! :) I ran to the church and copied my August newsletter and the Sacrament Meeting program, and made it home just after the holy ghost goes to bed. LOL (I had that thought at the church--my dad always told me I needed to be home by midnight because that's when the holy ghost goes to bed and isn't around to keep you out of trouble anymore! LOL)
So, that was our busy, busy, 24th of July! Happy Pioneer Day everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...