Sunday, July 25, 2010

Just keep painting...just keep painting...

That's what I keep telling myself anyway! :) I'm almost there! I finished another room. I painted our family/tv room last Wednesday and Thursday. It went pretty quick this time. Wednesday evening after John and I (well, mostly John--that entertainment center is HEAVY!) moved all the furniture out of the way, and prepped the room, I started trimming around the floor. Thursday morning I painted around the windows (in between getting the kids off to the school for computer time, and coach pitch baseball for Zander and free lunch at the park), and then Thursday afternoon I tackled the ceiling.


It took most of the afternoon to do this because we have these weird angles on our vaulted ceiling where the roof line is. After consulting with my sister (a while ago--thanks Cassy) I decided to only paint the front faces of them. (they meet up with the celing, but don't go to the edge of the doorway, so it's all weird). I was worried it would look weird with a white strip left in the middle of the tan walls, but...

it doesn't look bad at all. I don't really even notice it, so I am glad about that. :)
The walnut wash against the already green cubbies I painted a couple of years ago. (Excuse our mess in the cubbies!)


So yea! Another room is white wall free!! All I have left is the hallways, and I'll be done for now. (Still need to tackle the kid's rooms, but not sure what I want to do yet.) So, until I paint again...

1 comment:

  1. I love before and afters! Looks so great, what a transfermation. :)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...