Well, I finally did it! This has been a project on my to-do list for 3 or 4 years now. I wanted to make Levi quilts for the boy's room bedspreads. I wanted them all to match, but have their own spin on them by how I cut the Levi and the material on they back be their own choosing. I saved Levi for many years, and was surprised that of the four boxes I had saved I only used one of them cutting out all four boy's quilts! I decided that if I was going to do it that I might as well make quilts for the girls too. Morgan and Lindey were so excited when I told them they'd be getting one too. It was quite the project and it took me a few weeks to get them done, but I am so glad I did it! The kids all sleep with their quilts and drag them all over the house. Lol--so much for the bedspread idea.
Teenagers--always have to pull faces as you snap the picture. Lol What a goob!
I guess it's not just teenagers...lol
Eli knew right away that he wanted green fabric on the back of his quilt. He found this lime green and was so excited about it. His favorite animals are Alligators/Crocodiles and his favorite color is green, so I'm not surprised by his choice. Eli's quilt is made up of 5 inch, 7 inch, and 9 inch stripes like Zander's quilt, but I made the stripes vertical.
Now trying to get all the kids to cooperate and get 1 decent picture with their quilts was nearly impossible.
They kept hiding under them, pulling faces, and just being plain silly!
We had a lot of fun doing this photo shoot and being silly together while Dad napped. :)
I love this crazy bunch!!
The last stitch went into the final quilt on April 9, 2014.
Our fun and silly photo shoot took place on April 20, 2014.