Monday, May 19, 2014

Zander's Goose Egg

Can I just say, OUCH! I got a call from the school after lunch that Zander had literally run into a pole during recess and was asking for medicine.  He wanted to come home.  Apparantly it happened at morning recess. They were playing a chasing game and Zander was looking behind him and turned around just in time to meet the pole with his head.  John looked at it, talked to him, loved him and sent him back to class when he said he felt okay.  It had been a couple of hours by the time I was called, and Zander's goose egg was still at least the size of a golf ball.  I had never seen a goose egg so big.  I called the clinic to see if I needed to bring him in, and ask what I needed to watch for.  I gave him some Tylenol and he relaxed on the couch for a bit.  Once the Tylenol kicked in, he was ready to go back to school.  He went back and finished out the last hour of the day, just missing PE (which was probably for the best). :)  The goose egg's swelling went down dramatically by that evening and you couldn't even tell it was there by morning.  His head was sure tender for a few days though! February 13, 2014

I think you can see the size of it the best in this picture below.  If you look close, you can see it almost touching his eyebrow and his hand is covering up the top of it.  Huge, right? Holy Cow!


Glad it wasn't more serious and that Tylenol was able to take care of the pain.  It didn't seem to bother you much after that first day. Whew!  Please watch where you are going in the future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...