Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thrift Store Marathon, the second time

August 10th, Heather and I went on another Thrift Store Marathon.  It was just the two of us, and it was so much fun!  We both found some pretty amazing deals.  I don't remember how many thrift stores/consignment stores/yard sales we went to, but it was a lot!  One of my favorite finds was a Calvin Klein suit coat that was just Ian's size for his birthday. We went to a yard sale that the lady must have been involved with Stampin' Up in some way.  I got a killer deal on some stamp sets. I looked in my catalog once we were home and one of the sets I got was priced at $18.00 and I bought it at $3.00--SCORE! :)  I found myself 5 pairs of shoes, scrapbook paper, rub-ons, games for the kids, kickboards and goggles for swimming, Morgan got 5 pair of levis, a laptop bag, Lindey a swim suit, a few things to repurpose, and the cutest bag I'm going to use as a diaperbag.  It has a million and one pockets in it--it wasn't a real thrifty find, but I fell in love with it and had to have it. We also stopped at Macey's to get a few things for freezer meals (we made those the next day), and wandered into their case lot sale.  Because it was just the two of us in Heather's van, we were able to stock up on kitchen essentials.  It was fantastic!  All in all a fabulous day. (And many, many thanks, hugs, and kisses to my hubby for allowing me to go AND keeping all six kids! Love you honey!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...