Wednesday, September 26, 2012

First Day of School

The first day of school was August 21st.  Ian started high school (aaggghhhh!).  Our high school is grades 7-12.  Ian is in 7th grade this year.  We got him all registered, and must have left his schedule at the high school because we didn't have it when we got home.  He wanted me to come in with him to get his schedule and find his classes the first day.  I was worried he would get made fun of for having his mom (in her workout clothes--no make-up or hair done) and his two younger siblings (still in their pajamas) following him around the halls.  He told me he didn't care and wanted me to help him find all 7 of his classes. :) I love him.  He never seems to care what anyone else thinks. I was reassured as some of the older kids were giving him high 5's and telling him they were glad he was there. :)    He is the President of his class which puts him on student council.  He has joined the archery club.  He attends all the volleyball home games. So far he is loving life.

Morgan is in 4th grade this year.  She is looking forward to rotating classes (they are rotating math, reading and writing between the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers) because it means she gets to have her dad teach her part of the day.  Mrs. Swalberg is her morning 4th grade teacher, and Ms. Durrant (who is also the principal and a family friend) is her afternoon teacher.  So far she is loving it!

Zander is in 2nd grade this year.  He has Mrs. Wilske this year.  He has been such a great help for her (she has cancer).  He always tries to get a 4 or a 5 on his behavior notes.  When he comes home with a 3 he tells me, "there just wasn't much to help with today." :)

Micah is in Kindergarten this year.  Looking at these pictures of him just makes me laugh.  We have been joking that he will be in Ms. Durrant's office for being the class clown.  He has such a fun personality.  I had a hard time getting a decent picture out of him! lol  His teacher this year is Mrs. Quist.  He was so excited to go to school with dad and the kids.  They are in full day kindergarten here.  The first week of school he only got to go half a day.  Mrs. Quist had the kids each bring a stuffed teddy bear the first day and they did several activities with them.  When I picked Micah up before lunch, and asked about his day he was mad!  He asked me in an angry voice, "Where's Zander?"  He's in class.  "Where's Morgan?" She's in class too.  "Do I get to eat lunch here?" No, we're going to go home and I get to make you lunch.  What do you want? "I want to stay here with Dad!" You can't today, buddy.  What did you do with your teddy bear?  I never did get an answer to that.  He wouldn't tell me anything about his day at all he was so upset.  The next day was a little better. lol What a character!



Speaking of being a character... Morgan had made plans to walk to school with her best friend, Talynn, on the first day of school.  Micah asked me, "Mom, can I walk to school with the ladies?" I had to stifle a laugh.  "The ladies?  It's ok with me, buddy!"
Micah with the "ladies." (He calls them this all the time.  So cute!)
 
Have a great year, kids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...