Sunday, November 27, 2011

Melon Days 2011

This year for Melon Days my booth was lacking in the wood department.  I only got the 3 halloween sets finished, so the other 17 sets are still unfinished in my craft room.  I was able to get these cute little clipboards made up.  They are made from the laminate samples you can get at Home Depot or Lowe's.  They turned out pretty cute!




On Friday, my booth was relatively slow, so John said he would man it so I could take the little boys to the blow up slides.  I got some classic faces from both Micah and Eli.  It was so fun to watch them. :)







Saturday was kind of crazy.  We shut down our Bountiful Baskets site for the week because with both Heather and I doing booths we didn't want to deal with it.  Unfortunately before the ladies in charge of Bountiful Baskets realized that our site needed to be shut down for the week, we had one person place an order.  Instead of refunding his money, they decided to send his basket anyway.  It was my week to be in charge, so it fell on my shoulders to make all the arrangements.  It was kind of a mess because the deisel got there right as the parade was starting and couldn't get to our regular site (neither could I) so we met out at a truck stop.  John's dad had to take me in the Ranger so we could make it through all the road blocks--thanks Dad!  We made it out to the truck and by the time we made it back to my booth, the parade was ending.  Thanks to Ms. Durrant who selflessly took our children to the parade for us.  (John was helping our friend on his float with the candy cannon.)  Melinda took some great pictures for me!

One thing our town is famous for is the world's largest watermelon slice.  It got a touch up of paint this year and was looking great!
Here is John helping to shoot off the candy cannon.  He said it was a lot of fun!

Here is my booth this year, well, part of it.
Eli hanging out (and probably a little bored) on the camp chairs outside our booth.  We wouldn't let him go play by himself on the slides without a responsible party accompanying him. :)
Lindey's first Melon Days.  She was a happy camper, as always. :)

My booth did all right considering we got rained out Friday night around 5pm, and consequently there were less people on the soggy park Saturday. Add to that the lack of product I had in my booth. But, all in all it was a fun weekend.  Happy Melon Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...