Friday, October 28, 2011

Ian's 11th Birthday!

I can't believe we have an 11 year old! Our little boy isn't so little anymore.  Ian is such a fun kid to talk to and interact with.  We love him very much.  He had the coolest birthday party this year--according to the boys that came. :) Our theme was flight.  He made paper airplanes for the invitations and then I wrote the information on them for him.  We went low-key for my sake--I still wasn't up to doing a whole lot. We had a bar-b-que and played some games.  The boys had to make a paper airplane and fly it--farthest one wins.  We made bouncy balls out of balloons and had to bounce them into buckets with point values--most points wins.  I know there was another game, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is--oh well!  After the games we opened presents, then once it got dark, we watched a movie on the back of the house.  The boys were asked to bring a lawn chair.  We watched Rio--if you haven't seen it, you need to. It is very cute! We had quite the crowd between our kids, Ian's friends and cousins, and others who wandered into the back yard. :)  I don't have any fun pics of his party (Stupid camera card).  I have two pictures of his birthday cake, because he took them with the camera he got for his birthday. :)  (He's becoming quite the photographer and has taken some cool shots in different modes on his camera.)  Ian is into owls at the moment.  Don't ask--I don't know where that came from--he just thinks they are cool.  So, when I found this cake online, I had to give it a try.  It turned out so cute! :)  He thought it was pretty awesome. (Cool mom point value just went up a few--lol) 

This will have to do for Ian's birthday picture this year, lol.  It's the only one I have of him on his birthday!  I guess you could call it a "self portrait"!

Happy Birthday to a pretty cool kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...