Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring Recital

On Monday night we held our Spring Recital with all our piano and voice students.  It is a couple of weeks earlier than we usually do it, but I wanted to have it done and over with before the baby came.  John's vote was to wait until after his master's graduation on the 6th of May, but I guess since I have more students than he does, I pulled rank and got to choose. :)  I currently have 10 piano students and John has 4 voice students (3 of which also take piano.)  We had one student who, due to illness, wasn't able to make it.  It was a fun recital and all our students did well.  John was manning the camera as I had to play duets with or accompany voice students.  Unfortunately we did not get pictures of Ian and Morgan by the piano this time--don't know how that one slipped past me--must be my pregnant brain. :)  John did get a video of them playing, so we'll see if we can get that uploaded for your listening pleasure.  Morgan and her friend Talynn wrote a duet that they played, and we had a new student perform, and a couple of guest performers. (My friend Danielle teaches her two kids piano and wanted them to have a chance to perform without it being just them.  We were more than happy to let them join us!)  Here we are with our students!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...