Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Scrapbook USA

Scrapbook USA happened on March 28th, and Morgan was so excited that there was no school that day!  We made it a girl's weekend and met my Mom.  We drove up that morning and drove into this wall of clouds.  It was pretty amazing to see!  And yes, it was snowing once we got inside.  It was pretty crazy!
We left early enough that I just put Lindey in the car in her jammies.  She slept through the canyon--whew! No carsickness to worry about on this trip. Wahoo!
Morgan joined the dance contest.  She didn't last the entire time, but once she got into it she had a lot of fun.

I got an email the week before the show from one of the companies I buy die cuts from (It's Cheaper Than Therapy).  They were asking for volunteers to demonstrate die cuts.  I replied and asked for more information.  Long story short, I demonstrated die cuts for them and had a blast!!  I figured I was going to be there all day anyway, and might as well spend a few hours and make some money to spend. :)  Maria was very generous and paid for my lunch, my time, and gave me a great 45% off discount on any die cuts I wanted to purchase.  It was awesome!!  My girls hung out with me until Grandma showed up.  Maria put Morgan to work showing people in the booth different samples.  Morgan did great showing people where the dies were located for the samples she had. 


 Maria asked Morgan what her favorite die cut was and Morgan showed her the little baby crib.  She gave it to her for FREE for helping!! It's a $40.00 die cut!  Like I said, she was incredible to work for, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. :)
This something I think I may need to make.  She had an old book that she had folded all the pages in half back on themselves.  It made the book lay open on the table and the pages fanned out on top.  She used it for holding paper scraps!  It was so cool!

We forgot to take pictures of my mom and I, but we sure had a lot of fun.  We even got to see my friend Kelly and her family.  I can't wait until next year!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...