Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bunko!

I was in charge of Bunko in February.  February was a busy month. (which one isn't! lol) Between deciding what I was going to do for prizes and working around Girls State Basketball (one of our friends is a coach), I decided to have it on February 23rd.  It was a crazy day because I also had piano group that day. I was out of Thursdays, so we just went with it.  (Huge shout out to my friend Kristin for giving up her time to help me prep dinner and take care of the kids so I could get things ready! You continue to be my angel. Thank you!! :))  I was pretty excited about my prizes.  I did something that hasn't been done in our group as of yet--quite the challenge since we've been doing bunko for four years now.  I did some of my favorite books!  It was so much fun!  I think everyone really liked it--at least I hope they did.  I also hope they enjoy reading some of my favorite finds! :)  They made me laugh saying that everyone needs to bring their book to Bunko next month so we can trade them around. :) Others didn't want to wait that long and asked for a list of all the books I picked.  I made everyone a bookmark to go with their book(s).  That was the fun part! :)  I made flowers out of book pages, and hooked them to ribbon and a charm of some sort on the end.  Love how they turned out!  They are all cute, but I was excited to end up with one of my favorites. (The light pink one with the rhinestones in the flower.)
Books I gave out were (in no particular order):
Beautiful Creatures & Beautiful Darkness, The Books of Bayern (The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets & Forest Born), Peter and the Star Catchers, Tuesdays With Morrie, Kringle, The Secret Journal of Brett Colton, Book of a Thousand Days, Princess Academy, A Girl Named Disaster, Shadow Spinner, Bloomability, and part of the Shadow Children Series (Among the Hidden, Among the Imposters, Among the Betrayed, Among the Barons).  There were several others I had on my list that didn't make it here because of pricing or avaliability--I had to stick with our preset prize amounts. It was fun to whittle it down and get everything just right. I loved that some of my most favorites were in the $5.00 prizes. :) So glad I thought of doing books!
 Thanks for coming, eating, visiting, and laughing ladies!  I love our girls night out.

Lto R: Pam, Danielle, Kristin, Kristi, Me (Lindey), Melissa, Annie, Jenni, Taffee, and Lacey (Jett)
Not able to join in the fun: Julie, and Jessica--we missed you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...