Thursday, April 21, 2011

Baby Shower

No, I did not ask to have a baby shower.  I don't think being on baby number 6 warrants one, but my friend, Heather,  thought otherwise.  She asked me several weeks ago if I was having one.  I told her no, that I was on baby number 6 and didn't think I needed one.  She responded with, "Well, people are going to bring you gifts anyway, why not add cookies and punch??"  Good point!  I couldn't argue with that! 
Heather and another friend, Jenni, got together and decided to do a joint baby shower for me and our friend Danielle (who is due the week after me).  They held it on April 16th, which turned out to be a very busy day for everyone, but it was a lot of fun, and I'm glad they threw the shower for our little girls. This is Danielle and her mother (It was very sweet of her mom to bring me a gift, since I don't know her that well, and definantly wasn't expecting that!)


The shower started off with crafts and treats. Heather made some very fun treats--cookies, donut holes on a stick, lemon/lime bars, chips and dip and pink lemonade. For the crafts, Danielle and I each picked out 6 different materials and they sewed them onto burp rags for us.

They also helped us make a banner to hang above the crib. I brought Morgan along and the little girl in purple is Danielle's daughter.  They are both the only girls in the family and are extrememly excited to be getting a little sister.
We each had our own little pile of cuteness to unwrap.  We got a lot of things that we needed--bath stuff, diapers, wipes, blankets, and clothing.  Heather made me a changing pad that holds the diapers and travel wipes.  I am so excited it matches the diaper bag we bought--how did she know? She also made me the cutest little shoes--now I need to buy an outfit that will match them, darn it!  I wish I could name every little thing we got, but I won't bore you--I'll save that for the baby book.  I'm probally the only one that will care to remember. LOL
 It was a fun little shower, that was not expected, but very much appreciated!  Thanks for thinking of us Heather and Jenni! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute shower! Looks like it was a lot of fun, and what a cute sign for little Lindey! So cute! Can't wait until she gets here :)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...